> On Jul 5, 2024, at 1:20 AM, bagcic via groups.io <bagcic=yahoo....@groups.io>
> wrote:
>
> We are having a problem after installing Starlingx on PXE. It boots without
> problem when installed from USB drive. So we want to know the root cause of
> installing it on network. The error message is:
>
> ------------------------------------
> Welcome to GRUB!
>
> error: no such device: (hd3/gpt2)/EFI/BOOT)/EFI/BOOT/grub.cfg.
> Boot configuration error - Attempting to reboot
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Starlingx can boot when installed from PXE network on commercial laptops. So
> we wonder if there is something wrong with EDK2.
>
> Do you have an idea about the problem?

This looks like an issue with Linux vs. the edk2. GRUB is the Linux OS loader.
It looks like GRUB is trying to read a conf file from the hard disk? I don’t
know much about grub but I’ll assume:
hd3 - the name of a hard drive?
gpt2 - GPT (GUID Partition Table)  partition #2? GPT replaced MBR for
partitioning of the hard drive.
/EFI/BOOT - is the location on the EFI System Partition (hard drive or USB
stick) for removable media like USB.

So it kind of looks like you tried to network boot but GRUP if trying to read
something from the hard disk? Kind of seems like took something configured to
boot off a USB drive and tried to network boot it, but it was still configured
to look for files on the hard disk?

Thanks,

Andrew Fish