|> What is the correct behaviour if a message submit fails ?
|> My application gets "Sent" back from sendsms regardless of what actually
|> happened at the modem level.
|
|Um. The "sent" refers to the successful submission of a message to the
|bearerbox, not the successful submission of a message to the modem. It's a
|bit...unclear. Patch welcome, if you have a better message.
|
|+CMT: ,25 # no action is taken with it
|> 0791449737019037040C9144870795477300001060422211754006E23A7B9D7603
|
|It looks like the source code needs patching to handle this condition
|arising. Any chance you could do that? There's also a patch from Alex Judd
|kicking around which needs adding (do we have the latest version of that,
|Alex?) so you could have a go integrating the two, if you'd like.

The fundamental problem is that the bearerbox is a seperate process from the
smsbox which means that there is no direct interaction between your
application calling the 'sendsms' case, and the resultant send case for the
modem. The best we have done is allowed the smsc_at code to retry failed
messages until they are successfully sent, however this is not ideal.

The latest CVS smsc_at.c has the RETRY_SEND code built into it so I would
grab this and either diff with the version you have or use this instead.
Basically it checks the resultant code from send_modem_command to make sure
it is successfull and if not trys again for a finite amount of times.

One of the nice things to write would be to allow a callback from the
bearerbox when the SMS is successfully sent, for example passing the
resultant code to the calling application (http etc.). However you'd need to
initiate a stack or the like to make sure that sends and results match up. A
bit of challenge if someone's feeling adventurous!!

Alex