On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Andreas Fink wrote:

> I'm trying to get a operator logo installed  on to a Pac*Belll /
> Cingular PCS phone (nokia phone). The logo is correctly installed but
> when saved, it doesnt appear. Sounds like the network/country code is
> wrong.

Yep.

> The one I used is  13F071 which is county code 310 network code 17.
> But now I realize that my carrier is listing PacBell as network code
> 170.

Sure about that? All MCC codes are 3 digits, and all MNC codes are 2. I'm
on Vodafone UK (234-15) for example. A full list is at
http://users.zipworld.com.au/~rmills/MCCandMNCValues.htm

Both fields are packed in the logo itself as two bytes per value by
representing them like so

  logodata[6] = mcc % 256;
  logodata[7] = mcc / 256;
  logodata[8] = mnc % 256;
  logodata[9] = mnc / 256;

> However there is no way to pack 3 digits into a space which only has 2
> digits. Also Pac*Bell was recently renamed/bought up/taken over (or
> whatever)  by Cingular and I wonder if that has made the network code
> change.

It's certainly possible, but there would have to be a very good reason for
it becase the MCC-MNC "allowed networks" in the SIM would have to be
updated as well.

--
                              - [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
                       = Zygo Communications, London UK =