> > I'd like to support WAP Push testing since we have several Ericsson R520m
>available which are WAP 1.2 Push compliant and I have
> > seen using "Materna WAP Gateway" that they can receive WAP Push messages.
>
> Did they accept messages without PI sending SI to them first ? Usually PPG send SI
>to the phone and and the phone *then* pulls the
> content (this is to avoid unsolicited pushes that the user must pay).

The way I used it was to send the SI to the phone using SMS as bearer and then the
XML-formated URL would have caused the phone to
dial-in and fetch the page.

> > I suppose we need to WBXML encode a XML application which represents the supported
>content-type and send it via Kannel as SMS
> > Gateway to the phone.
>
> Why SMS gateway ? As I said previously. it is possible that the phone wants to pull
>the content. (Though I
> admit that I do not know how R520m works.)

because we want to provide a way that the SI comes to the phone without having an
active WSP session running.

> That's great, even more because I have a 8310.

is it supposed to support Push?! I only knew of the Ericsson R520m.

> Did phone give a error message ? Did the phone seemed to think that it had a SI ?
>Can you try to send a SI with URL first. (WAP SI
> specs , chapter 10 has an example SI.)

No the phone didn't give any kind of message on the display. You could only notive by
the blinking link (which is typical for
Ericsson) that there was some kind of GSM fetch activity on it.

The example you mention within the SI specs was exactly the one I was trying to send
using SMS.

> Another possibility is that SI must be sended over SMS (which indicates that there
>is still one piece missing,
> WAP over SMS). If this is true, you can test (so to speak) kannel by sending all
>binary things Kannel wapbox send to bearerbox and
> a tokenised SI as a SMS message, having UDH required by WDP (see WDP document from
>wapforum site, appendix a). I do not think we
> must worry about concatenation here; Kannel does this by itself.

That's what I suppose too. So we need to know how the SI is tokenized and in which
format it has to be send using smsbox's sendsms
function.

I'll have a look in the WDP specs to see if I can find out which UDH header is
required for the message.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG