Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: SMPP related query

Hi,
    That is fine but the problem is i've incorporated some code to check for the validity of the connection, in the sense, i've to send ENQUIRE_LINK pdu's to SMSC. But if i do so on the receiver connection then it clearly vioates the specification. So, is there any otherway round to check the receiver connection.

Regards,
Venu

Andreas Fink wrote:

>Hi,
>     I'm looking into the code of the stable version 1.0.3. Could
>anyone let me know, why the kannel developers to open  "transmitter"
>and "receiver" connections between the SMSC and ESME instead of
>opening only one "transceiver" connection.
>    Is there any specific reason for that.

on some systems transceiver mode is not supported. and you might not
want to mix it up. So having one transmitter session and another
receivier session can be useful in some cases.
--

Andreas Fink
Fink-Consulting

Tel: +41-61-6932730 Fax: +41-61-6932729  Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Address: A. Fink, Schwarzwaldallee 16, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Homepage: http://www.finkconsulting.com
Something urgent? Try http://www.smsrelay.com/  Nickname afink

--
Venugopal Panchamukhi
Mobile# +358-(0)9-4110 1675

The Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro
Limited and is intended for use
only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged,
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a forwarded
message, the content of this
E-MAIL may not have been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the
intended recipient, an agent
of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the information to
the named recipient,  you are
notified that any use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination
of this information in any way
or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please delete this mail &
notify us immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED]