This is a short status report on Wapme System's work on the MSISDN
Provisioning concept that we did to expand Kannel's features.

Finished:
- MySQL 3.x support as storage mapping space (Client IP <-> Client
MSISDN)
- sending X_Network_MSISDN header as type: plain, md5, sha1

Work in progress:
- LDAP support as storage mapping space
- sdbm support as storage mapping space (for local or NFS mounted hash
dbs)
- configuration options that allow individual header type selection on
different target hosts, domains. So you can say "wap.friends.com"
receives the plain (normalized) MSISDN and "wap.customer.com" receives
only MD5 hashed values within the header.

Demo:
You may try to use our WapmeSecure Gateway environment (including
MSISDN Provisioning) by going to http://www.wapme.net and then enter
your MSISDN on the right hand side. You will receive an WAP OTA
configuration SMS containing the WAP profile to use our local RAS and
WAP gateway (works only for the specified handsets).

Activate the profile and access a web site that can display all
incoming HTTP headers of the request and you should see your
X_Network_MSISDN value there.

Regards,
Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]