> - logging facility: access.log data may be stored to mysql db,
> especialy for automatic billing support.
> - configuration facility: multi-groups like sms-user, sms-service,
> ota-config may be stored in mysql db, so there may be added or
> manipulated while runtime and the service would not have to be
> restarted to get notice of an update. This would make thinks
> particular slower, but may add incredible functionality gains.

I think the DB interface would be quite useful but I would echo comments
from a previous post to ensure that there is a gw_ style wrapper approach
so that use is optional.

Updating running configurations is much tricky and doesn't depend
on holding the configuration in a DB. There was some discussion
lead by Lars some time ago about doing this so the archives
might hold some interesting comments. Unfortunately, all Kannel
code assumes that config file is read once at start-up and would
require major surgery to move to a dynamic model.