From: Christian Have
To: Bruno David Simões Rodrigues; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 7/23/01 1:06 PM
Subject: RE: SMSC Driver features

I'm asking this because now if you set udh, the message is automatically
8bit :( in smsbox.c.

Youre right, and this isn't particularly clever. Theres acutally a
comment about it in the source...

from smsbox.c, line ~1180:

if (udh)
  binary = 1;
else
  binary = 0;

/*
* XXX   in future, we should allow both 7bit or 8bit data as 'text',
*      maybe as data vs. text argument, and then set binary accordingly.
*      But that would be a compatibility breaker, so have to think about
*      that a bit more...
*/

I have an actual example of why this is not practical:
Ericsons ems, this needs to be sent 7bit, but also have an udh.

Christian.