-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: manish [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet am: Donnerstag, 16. August 2001 12:57
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: bb_udp and ppp interaction?

hi,

i'm running kannel 1.1.5 on rhlinux 6.2 and very happy with the sms
functionality with nokia 7110 but i've been trying for a long time and have
not been able to make any wdp requests to the bearerbox.

specifically i have not been able to figure out how does the
datagram go to the 9200 udp port on which the bearerbox is waiting.
the stuff given in the user guide tells about setting up the ppp dial up
connection but i don't understand how does the datagram get forwarded to the
bearerbox because nowhere are we mentioning anything about port numbers in
the ppp setup.all we tell is the bearerbox host ip.

i'll be ver grateful to anyone who can guide me how the thing works -from
the point the mobile dials in and what happens after ppp has authincated the
user.

also the 7110 modem needs to be initialized i guess before
the mobile can send the ppp request.
i tried to check what the mobile was sending by checking the mgetty logs
it keeps waiting for an "OK" ??
is it because the modem is not initialized?

i have
7:2345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty ttyS0 -x 6 -D /dev/ttyS0
in my inittab
but is that sufficient?i don't think this initializes the modem,does it?

thanks
manish

thanks
manish