>Has anyone asked this question ?
>
>How does one handle number portability ?
>
>I have kannel with multiple SMSC connections from different countries.
>
>if Country A has 4 providers all connected to kannel so far I have only seen
>prefix routing ? Now number portability means that these numbers can be from
>any provider and the prefix won't route correctly ? How does kannel plan to
>get
>around this or has this been fixed/added in a later release ?

there's no way around this as this involves SS7 database lookups to
find out where the user currently is subscribed. Kannel doesnt have
any way of knowing this.

--

Andreas Fink
Fink-Consulting

Tel: +41-61-6932730 Fax: +41-61-6932729  Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Address: A. Fink, Schwarzwaldallee 16, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Homepage: http://www.finkconsulting.com
Something urgent? Try http://www.smsrelay.com/  Nickname afink