On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Jörg Pommnitz wrote:

> It's either a bug in Kannel (memory leak) or a heavily
> stressed system running in debug limits. If it's not a
> memory leak, you can prevent the emergency shutdown
> by disabling debug malloc while calling configure.

The checking malloc system can only handle limited number of memory
allocations at once; if there is more, it thinks it is a memory leak.
Several months ago I multiplied the limit by 10x and thus the limit was
very seldom reached. However, it was still met and it means that somewhere
a queue is built up. And in normal situation this is not good, as queue
should be done in sockets/similar places, not inside Kannel. I tinkered a
bit with that and we fixed smsc_fake a bit so that queue is not built
inside Kannel anymore. That way a benchmark/test of million or even 10
million messages can be tested out.

BTW, the test showed that checking_malloc Kannel has speed of about 20-25%
of native malloc.