>Guys,
>
>I think I've discovered what my problem is with
>the m20. When I turn on the M20 it seems to default
>to 9600 bps. Connecting using minicom only works at
>this speed, with no hardware or software flow control.
>
>When I (or Kannel) sends at&f to the m20 it resets to 19200 bps.
>If I'm connected to it using minicom, I need to reset
>the speed of the connection to 19200 before it will respond
>correctly.
>
>I've set the speed that kannel will connect at to 9600
>and commented out the at&f command, and things seem
>to be working fine.
>
>The only command that the m20 doesn't respond well to now,
>is the at\q3, which I believe is something to do with compression,
>but it seems to be sending and receiving SMSs OK.
>
>Has anyone else come across anything as bazarre as this?
>
>Ronan.

AT\Q3 is supposed to enable hardware handshake (at least thats what
my siemens documentation says). Thats needed to receive data at
higher speeds (however 19200 is to be considered low speed nowadays)
so you dont loose any bytes. Running at 9600bps is fine too. I'll add
another AT<return> in the code after AT&F then.

--

Andreas Fink
Fink-Consulting

Tel: +41-61-6932730 Fax: +41-61-6932729  Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Address: A. Fink, Schwarzwaldallee 16, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Homepage: http://www.finkconsulting.com
Something urgent? Try http://www.smsrelay.com/  Nickname afink