> The problem comes when I want to use Kannel as a HTTPS server and I
> installed a test certicate (14 days only) from Verisign, I successfully
> tested with Apache. I put the certificate and the private key in the
> 'ssl-certkey-file'. If I try to use a https URL for sendsms as
> https://localhost:13013/cgi-bin/sendsms?user=xxx&pass=xxx&to=xxx&text=test,
> the browser is undefinitely trying to open the page and in the logs, I only
> have :
>
> 2001-09-27 20:53:22 [2] DEBUG: HTTP: Creating HTTPClient for `myclientIP.
> 2001-09-27 20:53:22 [1] DEBUG: HTTP: Destroying HTTPClient area 0x812cf78.
> 2001-09-27 20:53:22 [1] DEBUG: HTTP: Destroying HTTPClient for `myclientIP.
> 2001-09-27 20:53:22 [2] DEBUG: HTTP: Creating HTTPClient for `myclientIP.
>
> Is it clear now for you ? Is my URL correct (I just add to "http" of the
> standard sendsms URL) ? Does it work for you with last CVS version ? I have
> no error at startup or https call. What would you suggest me to do in order
> to debug that problem ?

yes, now I got the point.

No, Kannel does not operate as an HTTPS server. Currently only HTTPS
client support for calling sms-services and WAP requests to
SSL-enabled HTTP servers are supported. To add server capabilities we
have to do more then for the simple client support.

If someone is interested, we may set this up on our TODO list.
Consider this only as future feature proposal, not a garantee issue.
mod_ssl for Apache would be a good code base for this.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248