in smsc_emi2_create, the local variable keepalive is not initialized,
which gives me a keep-alive of several million seconds.

 I'm unsure about whether this block does what it has to do ( line 1153
smsc_emi2.c):

    if (privdata->username && cfg_get_integer(&keepalive, cfg, octstr_imm
("keepalive")) < 0)
     privdata->keepalive = 0;
    else
     privdata->keepalive = keepalive;

"if there is a username but I can't read the keepalive integer, it is set
to zero. OK."
"if there is a username and I can read the keepalive integer, I use that
read value. OK"
"if there is no username, the keepalive is set to unitialized garbage".
Is that OK ?

By the way, what is the relation between username and keepalive - does
keepalive make any sense, if username is not used ?