From: Andreas Fink [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 6:43 PM
To: Oded Arbel
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: smsc_at2 module doesnot detect failed writes to modem.

>well it doesn't - I can prove it :-)
>
>at2_write_line_cstr always return 0 no matter what happens.
>what do you say about this patch ?

You're right by saying at2_write_line_cstr always returns 0. I
consider that a cosmetic bug. However that has absolutely no
influence as the return code is nowhere used. If it can't write to
the device then you will not get any from the device back either and
it will fail during the next read attempt.

I've cleaned the code up a little bit.

--

Andreas Fink
Fink-Consulting

Tel: +41-61-6932730 Fax: +41-61-6932729  Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Address: A. Fink, Schwarzwaldallee 16, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Homepage: http://www.finkconsulting.com
Something urgent? Try http://www.smsrelay.com/  Nickname afink