From: Dave White [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 5:26 PM
To: Kannel-devel (E-mail)
Subject: Re: A question about PDU encoding in smsc_at2

Alexei Pashkovsky wrote:

>>(for example - the square
>>brackets which I like to use), the modem rejects the message with
error
>>304 "invalid PDU mode parameter".
>>

>Well, this will probably hurt you, but I'm afraid square brackets are
not
>part of GSM character set.
>At least I didn't see them there.

There *is* a way, however.

IIRC the sequence ESC-< or ESC-> will work, ie:

%1b%3c and %1b%3e

See a recent revision of GSM 3.38 for the gory details of this and a few

other escape sequences, including the Euro sign (%1b%65). Keep in mind
that this will look pretty stupid on many handsets, including relatively

advanced models like the Motorola Accompli 008.

David WHITE
CONNECT AUSTRIA