-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Stipe Tolj
Sent: 17. januar 2002 16:10
To: Andreas Fink
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: if make fails, try gmake

Andreas Fink wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to compile kannel on a solaris 8 machine (SunOS 5.8) to
> see if I can reproduce the mutex problem I often run into. So I did:
>
> 1. checkout the software with cvs.
> 2.
./configure --with-malloc=native --disable-doc --with-mysql --with-mysql-dlr
> 3. typed make.

what's --with-mysql-dlr?! -- I guess you mean --with-mysql-dir=<path>
?!

> it failed. The problem it was having is on the
>
> gwsrcs = ...
>
> lines using a wildcard.

yep, I got the same one even on Solaris 2.6.

> typing "gmake" instead of make did the trick
> the odd thing is that make is a symbolic link to gmake :-)

That's strange! -- Are you sure that you don't use a make which
recides beneath /usr/ccs in the first case?

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248