Aarno Syvänen wrote:

> Using wapbox only for pushing (fetching is done by operator's gateway)
> seems to
> cause an idle loop, one thread (poll thread) taking up to 40 % of CPU
> time.
>
> I hope that this does not happen when wapbox is used for fetching (I
> cannot test
> this myself).
>
> The backtrace of the idle loop follows (taken from gdb when the poll
> thread is
> locked into the loop):
>
> 0x401df2b0 in poll () from /lib/libc.so.6
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x401df2b0 in poll () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #1  0x080869f3 in gwthread_pollfd (fd=35, events=1, timeout=-1) at
> gwlib/gwthread-pthread.c:582
> #2  0x08083226 in conn_wait (conn=0x81fe570, seconds=-1) at
> gwlib/conn.c:724
> #3  0x0804c188 in read_from_bearerbox () at gw/shared.c:106
> #4  0x0804ab2d in main (argc=2, argv=0xbffffda4) at gw/wapbox.c:433
> #5  0x4012f65f in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6
>
> Adding sleep does help, and does not cause problems, when when only push
> is used
> (then wapbox is waiting only for administrative commands). But this
> 'solution' is hardly elegant.
>
> Perhaps someone having more knowledge about conn.c-module can make a
> comment. I am walking in the dark...

I'm trying to enlight, but I lost my lighter somehow :))

Ok, ceriously, I hope my SSL server side implementation in
gwlib/conn.c does not break things here.

We have currently similar problem regarding gwthead_pollfd() on the
Cygwin platform, where the bearerbox crashes if using WAP config
layout.

I was not able to reclaim from where the error is coming from :((

Aarno, are you running a SSL-enabled (at least compiled in) bearerbox
an wapbox? If yes, could you try the same situation with a
--disable-ssl build kannel to see if it depends with the SSL routine
stuff? Thanks.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG