>Peter Löfman wrote:
>>
>>  has there been any change in the CVS smsc_smpp lately?
>>  I have a some weeks old version which is working very fine with my
>>SMS-C and it sends message with TON=0.
>>  But now when I tested the latest cvs, the message was sent with
>>TON=2, which is not good because the sms-c does not accept it.
>
>I guess this change from 2001-11-22 Andreas Fink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>http://www.kannel.3glab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gateway/gw/smsc_smpp.c.diff?r1=1.42&r2=1.43
>
>is causing your trouble.
>
>Could you please contact Andreas and CC to the list what's the cause.

Yes I made this change because the SMSC I was talking to  (an SS8
NewNet previously know as ADC NewNet) was not accepting any TON=0. So
the logical conclusion was to set TON to logical values. 0 is
unspecified, 2 is either national or international if I remember
correctly.

Can you tell me what the SMSC you are using accepts beside 0?
Kannel should set it to international if you pass the number with a + sign.
with the above information it should be relatively easy to patch it
for your purpose back to zero but we might want to know why 2 is
rejected.
--

Andreas Fink
Fink-Consulting

Tel: +41-61-6932730 Fax: +41-61-6932729  Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Address: A. Fink, Schwarzwaldallee 16, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Homepage: http://www.finkconsulting.com
Something urgent? Try http://www.smsrelay.com/  Nickname afink