Paul Keogh wrote:

> The 2.0 spec. references large data xfer in the Wireless TCP optimisations
> document and then the Mobile Multimedia Drafting Committee (MMDC) charter
> document
> from 9/2001 refers to;
>
> "WPG ... "output from the large data transfer extension to WAP 1.X protocol
> and WAP-NG..."
>
> in the section about co-ordination with other WAP activities.

Conformance document, chapter 7.1 states: "The MMS shall be implemented
on top
of WAP 1.2". This suite does certainly not contain a large data transfer
protocol.

> So I'm guessing that the work on the LDT extension to WAP 1.x has'nt
> happened
> yet ? - but then the marketing bumpf from Ericsson on their WAP PPG
> explicitly
> refers to support for LDT in the context of MMS.

What does a LDT extension mean ? 2.0 WTP contain sliding window and
exotic TPIs
for large data. Of course it contain whole of 1.2, too.

> WTP SAR is necessary for WAP push over SMS where the PDU > 140, right ?

Yes, that is reasonable, because main service provided by WTP SAR is
selective acknowledgement.

Aarno