>Thanks a lot Andreas for that suggestion ! However, that solution can't work
>for me since Kannel will try to connect to my SMSC broker twice with the
>same account (push and pull for the a unique user) and my broker doesn't
>allow that.

no you only connect ONCE. something like this

smsc= sender
host = ip of SMSC
receive-port = dummy

smsc = receiver
host = dummy ip
receive-port = receive port to receive messages.

second SMSC will always be out of service and only the receive port
will work on it.

>  Furthermore, I find that solution not very clean. Would not it
>be better to correct the keepalive behaviour in the case of the presence of
>receive-port ? In fact, if receive-port is present, it means that another
>connection is used for MO so the keepalive should only take MT in account
>since it will send UCP31 only on it.  Right ?

UCP31 is done on MT and MO

>BTW, does it mean that it is preferable to have bi-directional UCP
>connections ?

there are no bidirectional UCP connections!

if you want to send messages the client (kannel) does always connect
to the SMSC.
if you want to receive messages, you can either poll for it by
connecting a second session or you can have the SMSC call you. In any
case you will have a sending session and a receiving session.

Keepalive is only done on sessions Kannel is issuing (opening).
On sessions initiated from the SMSC side, it would be up to the SMSC
to issue a keepalive (but frankly it doesnt make too much sense).

--

Andreas Fink
Fink-Consulting

Tel: +41-61-6932730 Fax: +41-61-6932729  Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Address: A. Fink, Schwarzwaldallee 16, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Homepage: http://www.finkconsulting.com
Something urgent? Try http://www.smsrelay.com/  Nickname afink