Oded Arbel wrote:

> So why am I posting this to the list ? since I gave up on getting broken
> modems to work, I still think that this patch may interest Kannel
> developers because
> a) its enabled by a compile time define - a simple switch to the
> configure script can enable or disable this behavior, so people who
> don't want that can simply not set the compile option.

that's the way to go in this case, IMO.

> b) even with the polling behavior enabled, and with a broken modem, no
> messages will be lost - SMs will simply be stored in the SIM memory
> until pulled out by Kannel. it will be slower though (unless you want to
> poll faster, which I tried to avoid, but can be set by a compile time
> option too, if you like.

we *may* include a case switching for this depending on the device.
Since we know in at2 which device we have (like the uname for GSM
modems :)) and we may gather information about which versions are
broken towards this behaviour, this may be "if then"'ed or at least
issuing a warning towards the user.

> c) it does do wonders to the reliability of the at2 module.
>
> But, before submitting the changes, I would like to know how the people
> of the list view this issue. do you think it's worth the effort or the
> approach all wrong, or what ?

>From my side, as long as basic functionality is not harmed and
stability is improved, please submit and we will review it.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248