Bruno David Rodrigues wrote:

> I've done spam^H^H^H^Hmarketing with something like this:
>
> a text file with one msisdn per line

the main issue was how to create an input stream to Kannel's HTTP
sendsms interface with 300-400 concurrent messages.

When we consider concurrent = "within the same second", then I think
initiating 300-400 processes of lynx in *one* second is almost
impossible for "normal" boxes.

Basicly the concepts of load-testing and benchmarking apply in the
same way as for traditional HTTP servers. I recommend some readings at
http://researchindex.org/ for this, they have high-quality papers
about that. But keep in mind, it's a very theoretical background.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248