In my company we use Wavecom modems (specificly WM02B model), and its
working perfectly for our needs (very high loads for both sending and
receiving). it does not have a builtin power supply, but use an external
adapter, but in addition to the external power adapter it comes with a
connector and wires that allow you to connect the modem directly to any
12v DC power output, so you could have (for example) a single power
source with battery backup power your entire modem rack.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise Inc.

For every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill.
                -- R. Clopton