--On Friday, May 31, 2002 9:57 AM +0200 Stipe Tolj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Harrie Hazewinkel wrote:
>>
>> --On Thursday, May 30, 2002 10:14 AM +0300 Oded Arbel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm not sure how "native" malloc works, but the checking malloc (which
>> > we use always) has an upper limit on the number of allocations
>> > allowed. if you want to use more memory you will have to recompile.
>> >

>> Just a thought, but is the amount of system-call casuing some problems.
>> Not knowing how much there are, but malloc is one of them.
>
> yep, that may be. Aarno, what do you mean of this? Did you recognize
> anything at your benchmark testings?

I understood the others were thinking of some malloc function.
Those are system calls and probably locked for exclusive use in
a process. Meaning the many multiple threads have to wait on each
other.

This is just theory, nothing I tested or so. Therefore, I used
'just a thought'.

Harrie

Internet Management Consulting
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                http ://www.mod-snmp.com/