Jari Juslin wrote:

>> Further question: In general situation, does this really correct
>> problems or just hide them?
>

> Ok, I was a bit hasty once again. By reading the mailing list archive
> and code I came to this asumption: if I want to run Kannel under heavy
> load, I need to increase MAX_TAB_SIZE in gwlib/gwmem-check.c
> significantly. If I still run to these panics, there is propably some
> bad memory leak that should be hunted down.
>
> So, panic to "Too many concurrent allocations" can happen if a) Kannel
> just has so high load, that is needs huge amounts of memory or b) if
> Kannel leaks too much memory. Am I right?
>
> The last version of Kannel I have run without it reportin non-freed
> areas on exit was 1.1.5.. I think I should do some memory leak
> investigation and get back to you, if I fail to repair them myself.

I think you are correct in all assumptions. I increased the table size
to 20 MB for our production systems (yes - we are running checking
malloc in production), and we don't have any memory allocation panics.
we do have memry leaks in some modules, but not serious enough to
warrant a high ranking in the todo list.

--
Oded