Oded Arbel kirjoittaa keskiviikkona, 12. kesäkuuta 2002, kello 14:34:

Speaking of store files - After really looking into the store logic, it
seems my notion of how store worked was all wrong : the elimination of
messages that received acks/nacks from storage is done only on
store_load, so it's quite possible that a long running Kannel will
develop mighty store files which can bring any machine to its proverbial
knees. IMO, it's not the right thing to do : message-ack matching should
be done on-line, thus preventing issues of too big store files.

I think that a housekeeping thread would be better. This would do
ack-message matching
when store size has grown to great. This way we can avoid either

a) unsecure storage of unacked messages or
b) doing ramdom access with a hard disk

Aarno