> Im doing some MMS experiments and using kannel as the gateway
> to POST messages through. If i POST a multimedia message from
> the phone that is over 900bytes kannel truncates it to
> 900bytes. seems to work fine with anything under 900bytes.

This is a (lack of) SAR support issue. The 900 bytes sounds familar -
are you using a T68i ?

> Is this a hard coded/configuration limit ? can it easly be changed ?
> Is this related to SAR not being implemented, I though that
> SAR was only to do with traffic coming from the content
> server through the gateway and to the phone ?

No - the size of the segment is selected by the client and I have not
seen a device where this is configurable.

SAR is a both way service.

> I have used a nokia active server with 25k POST and have no
> problems, open wave seems to have a limit of about 5k...

Then it sounds like these products support SAR...

> Also kannel does not collect/pass and user agent profile
> (UAprof) information. Is this a misconfiguration on my part
> or a limitation of kannel ??

It does. My T68i supplies a WSP encoded Profile: header that the
gateway decodes correctly and passes onto the origin server as;

2002-07-24 17:12:56 [3] DEBUG: Profile:
http://wap.sonyericssonmobile.com/UAprof/T68R201.xml

Profile-diff: headers would be another matter entirely...

<<winmail.dat>>