> Do you have some nifty way to take smsbox down for that use, so that no
> messages are lost while they are being transfered between bearerbox and
> smsbox? (or open http connections)

Hmm, doesn't smsbox go gracefully down, which means it waits until all
transfered open SMS to bearerbox and HTTP requests are handled? This
should be done I guess.

> Dynamic configuration loading is doable (been there...), so what
> are those other reasons?
> (it is amazing how much it simplifies things to have smsbox in same
>  process. And makes Kannel much faster)

reload of configuration on the fly?! Hmm, that's new to me, what
signal are you using and for what box?

Do you have any accurate benchmarks comparing the two processes?

Maybe we can keep the code that clean that we can have a configure
switch to incorporate the smsbox into bearerbox as thread?! I think
this would be perfect for all of us.

> (for distribution, the possibility to run distinct smsbox could be left,
>  too, alhought I do not see much use for that...)

BTW, I didn't got the point how bearerbox knows to which smsbox it has
to route inbound messages? Or is it passing a copy to all connected
smsboxes?`

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG