Hi list.

I'm having a problem with EMS messages. specificly - large formatted text messages.
the problem, you see, is that [GSM 03.40] specifies that a formatted text IEI only
holds formatting style for a single part of the message, but cutting a long message to
parts is done by the smsbox, which does not know anything about formatting.

What I want to achieve, is to send a large preformatted EMS text and let Kannel cut it
down to size. the problem is that the IEI for fomatted text does not allow for
formatting of texts larger then 255 characters, which should be enough for a single
segment.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

+972-9-9581711 (116)
+972-67-340014

::..
Scotty: Captain, we din' can reference it!
Kirk:   Analysis, Mr. Spock?
Spock:  Captain, it doesn't appear in the symbol table.
Kirk:   Then it's of external origin?
Spock:  Affirmative.
Kirk:   Mr. Sulu, go to pass two.
Sulu:   Aye aye, sir, going to pass two.
        -- anonymous fortune