On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Anarchy wrote:

> i tried with a small page:
>     <form action="http://*.*.*.*:13013/cgi-bin/sendsms"; method="post">
<snip>
>             <input type="hidden" name="username" value="*">
>             <input type="hidden" name="password" value="*">
>             <input type="submit" value="Send">
<snip>

The problem here is that this creates an HTTP call of something like...

(headers)

(body)
username = *
password = *

..or whatever the browser POST does. The correct way to use
Kannel POST is, as far as I recall, to provide all the additional
information _in_headers_, thus:

(headers)

(body)
<the text of the SMS: Note that UDH is provided as X-Kannel-UDH>

At least this was how I coded it 1.5 years ago...
(as a sidenote, there might be support for www-form-urlecoded
nowayads, so any expert can correct me if I am only talking ancient
history here...)

--
&kalle marjola
product concept manager