Hi all,

Attached is a patch to change the current behaviour of EMI2 driver when handling connection errors.
I'm making EMI2 driver consistent with SMPP and SM/ASI behaviour and configuration directives, while trying to fix a couple of things.

This is what the patch changes:

1) Removes "retry" smsc config directive for EMI2. It always assumes reconnection, as the rest of drivers.
2) Adds a "reconnect-delay" directive, as SMPP and SM/ASI drivers: optional time between attemps in seconds. It defaults to 10 seconds.

The reason for this changes (apart from making all drivers consistent), is that current EMI2 handling of reconnection attempts is a mess.
Let me explain why:

1) It defaults to not retrying reconnection. That means that when you start bearerbox, if a single EMI2 driver fails, the whole bearerbox refuses to start. This is not acceptable for production use.

2) When it tries a reconnection (other than first time remember), it doubles the time between attempts, until it reaches a fixed value. If you have retry=yes it will grow until 64 minutes (!!!) and then settles on 60 minutes (too much for production use).
Weirdly, if you have retry=no, it will also try to reconnect, but the time between attemps grows only until 10 minutes.

Please, let me know comments and votes on this patch.

Thank you all.

Angel Fradejas
Mediafusión España, S.A.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]