Hi All,

I have a question regarding the way kannel handles DR/DLR for SMPP.

1. How does it really work? e.g
Normally SMPP will send 2 response submit_sm_resp and delivered_sm and this
is how it normally works:

Process 1:
gateway/server -> SMS Msg -> SMPP SMSC
SMPP SMSC -> submit_sm_resp -> gateway/server
gateway/server -> ack to submit_sm_resp -> SMPP SMSC
SMPP SMSC -> ack to (ack to submit_sm_resp) -> gateway/server
At this moment the message has reached the SMSC and on queue. On kannel we
got value of 12 (decimal) as our DLR code, which is equal to 4(msg
buffered)+8(msg submit).

Process 2:
SMPP SMSC -> delivered_sm -> gateway/server
gateway/server-> ack to delivered_sm -> SMPP SMSC
This is when the SMS is out of the SMSC and reaches user's handset. When the
gateway acknowledges the deliver_sm, the SMSC will clear it's buffer.

Is this how kannel handles it's DLR as well?

Thanks
Eddie