> I don't understand. Do you mean that in certain situations we may not have
> a transmitter thread at all? If so, then note that the status will never
> become SMSCCONN_ACTIVE - it can only rise up to SMSCCONN_ACTIVE_RECV. This
> is not right, I'm sure.

but a receiver thread should only rise to SMSCCONN_ACTIVE_RECV because
it will be marked in the status page as 'online' then and hence
monitoring tools are satisfied.

> Right now, the transmitter thread updates the status to SMSCCONN_ACTIVE
> upon a bind_response. The receiver thread updates the status only to
> SMSCCONN_ACTIVE_RECV upon a bind_response. However if either socket
> snaps, the status drops to SMSCCONN_RECONNECTING. If the status is not
> SMSCCONN_ACTIVE, outgoing messages are queued, not sent. Each thread
> sets the status without knowing of the existence of the other thread.

But if there is only a receiver thread, which is possible and in our
setup also required for some SMSC connections, you don't have a
submitting of messages anyway, so it does not matter that the status
is not in SMSCCONN_ACTIVE mode to be able to send messages.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80