On Friday, October 11, 2002, at 05:58 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yippee! test_ppg works now, thanks very much.
> Now the real questions start ;-)
>
> 1. Is there a dependancy on running the test server on port 8080? I
> changed the ppg-port in group = ppg to 8086, started the
> test_http_server with -p 8086 but got the original xml parse error.
> When I set these back to 8080 it works again. Did I miss something?

You have ppg server, kannel and http server kannel forwards push
requests. Ppg is
a http server, too. Ppg-port is port where ppg is listening.
Test_http_server's p option
defines port http server is listening. Your error message is strange,
however; you
should get address already in use.

> 2. I use resin on the same machine on port 8080. Can I configure resin
> to do the same job as the test_http_server?

Kannel http smsc has a configuration variable send-url. Kannel relays
http requests
to this url. So only thing you must do is to change the send-url.

> 3. How do I do it for "real"? What I mean is, I have a web-interface
> to both sendsms and sendota which passes the xml docs to sendota or
> the payloads to sendsms. I now would like the same for wap push, sort
> of like
> http://localhost:8080/http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/wap-
> push.cgi?username=foo&password=bar&content=content.xml&control=control.
> xml (i.e. the test_ppg command line expressed as a a url).

I presume you are sending SI or SL. They are normal binary SMs, only
special thing
is the udh; you must tell the phone the port handling the message:

udh=%06%05%04%0b%84%23%f0

If you send sms yourself you should configure smsc accordingly.

> Thanks again for a great job.

You are wellcome.

Aarno