Hi list,

I commited now Wapme's smsbox routing patch to Kannel's cvs HEAD tree.

The basic idea behind the smsbox routing is that we can now route
inbound messages to specific smsbox instances.

bearerbox may be connected to several smsboxes, mainly for
load-balancing purposes. Now as smsboxes do send MT messages
everything is pretty easy and Kannel has been desgined mainly for this
direction.

If you write own boxes that use Kannels internal message
representation and communication layer between bearerbox and smsbox,
like EMI/UCP and SMPP proxys that simulare the behaviour of a real
smsbox you will get into heavy problem for MO messages. bearerbox gets
an message and passes it by default to a random (non
identified/registered smsbox connection).

Via smsbox-route groups you can tell bearerbox where you want certain
messages to be routed to. I.e. you have an smppbox that is an SMPP
server. It handles all the SMPP specific communication to your
clients. Now you assign your clients some shortcuts numbers in certain
networks, like 11111 for 4 different netwoks. Now bearerbox gets the
MO messages and you need to implement a switch in bearerbox that makes
bearerbox know that messages with receiver number 11111 should be
passed to the smppbox instead of it's standard smsbox in order that
smppbox may transcode the message to an deliver_sm PDU.

I thing that this smsbox routing concept is very powerfull, espacially
if you want to use Kannel as SMS proxying system, where you write your
own protocoll boxes and use bearerbox as smsc handling aggregator.

We use this at Wapme to provide customers SMPP v3.4 and EMI/UCP 4.0
server connections via our smppbox.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG