Anupama R wrote:

> Hello,
> I am using the cygwin port of Kannel.
> I have an application which uses the kannel sms push interface.
> This client creates a socket, with the right port ofcourse.  This succeeds.
>
> When the application calls the connect for the socket, this also succeeds
> and
> kannel writes a message stating
> Creating HTTPClient for <ipaddress>
>
> When the application calls 'send' on the same socket with the necessary
> text,
> immediately kannel shows, althought the socket itself does not throw any
> error.
> Destroying HTTPClient for <ipaddress>
>
> I dont think the http client is wrong, i am able to get other web pages
> using my http client.
> Can anyone help me in this please??

so your HTTP client is coded in cygwin itself?!

You run the client and smsbox on cygwin? Hmm, have you checked if you
can address the sendsms interfaca with a common user agent, i.e. IE or
Netscape?!

Basically our HTTP server thread implementation does not any timeout
checking. You can test your client using Kannel's test_http_server
like this

  $ cd gateway
  $ ./test/test_http_server

this will bind the HTTP server to port 8080 (by default, otherwise use
the -p switch) and will dump the HTTP control information to stdout.

Please check if your client can talk to that http server, because it
relies on the same HTTP server implementation.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80