Implementing timers at wsp level is easiest way to do this.

Aarno

On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 10:20 AM, Vjacheslav Chekushin wrote:

Hi, Aarno.

Aarno Syvänen wrote:

Hi Vjacheslav,
On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 03:13 PM, Vjacheslav Chekushin wrote:
WSPMachine is destroyed if state=NULL_SESSION
But how WSPMachine will be desroyed if client doesn't
send disconnect event but simply end his session without
any indication (And WSPMachine remains in state CONNECTED).
You mean stop wap browsing ? This does not indeed end session, because
the client may resume browsing. Disconnecting is a separate event.

After browsing you can select from menu something like 'Quit browsing' and
user agent correctly sends disconnect event. But I suspect if you simply
press HangUp button, UserAgent simply go out without disconnect event.
(I checked it at least with some phones).
And users mostly end its sessions by this way.
So if you have heavy load it becomes the problem.

For example our WAP gateway grows approximatly at 100MB every day.

So I agree that this is phone problem, but I think kannel must
handle it someway.

Will WSPMachine be destroyed after some time
or it will be stored in WSPMachine list untill we stop WAP gateway?
WSPSessionMachine will stay until client disconnects separately, if connection-
oriented service is used.

I describe it with example:
I work with one phone and sequentialy create 3 sessions.
But thease sessions has been removed only when I stpopped gateway:

2003-01-10 14:19:40 [0] DEBUG: Waiting for 1 (wap/wsp_session.c:main_thread) to terminate
2003-01-10 14:19:40 [1] DEBUG: Thread 1 (wap/wsp_session.c:main_thread) terminates.
2003-01-10 14:19:40 [0] DEBUG: WSP: 3 session machines left.
2003-01-10 14:19:40 [0] DEBUG: Destroying WSPMachine 0x41a10388
2003-01-10 14:19:40 [0] DEBUG: Destroying WSPMachine 0x41a07fd8
2003-01-10 14:19:40 [0] DEBUG: Destroying WSPMachine 0x8209500
You can always use connectionless service, if you for some reason cannot disconnect sessions.

Aarno

--
Vjacheslav Chekushin                                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Latvian Mobile Phone Company                        http://www.lmt.lv