I have installed kannel on SuSE Linux.  I also configured SuSE's
Firewall feature and close all ports except for the ports that kannel
uses  and it is also in a private network.  In short I configured kannel
on a secured server.

It is running fine for at leat a year now, without a problem.  Until
today.  Here's the what we encountered.

Our kannel stops receiving incoming transaction from our local telco.
We traceroute and ping to the telco's SMS Server and we were able to get
a reply ( though kannel do not receive transaction ).  We called the
telco's Firewall Administrator and discuss to him our problem.
According to him our server is port scanning their Server, thus Firewall
drops our connection.

My question is this.  Can Kannel do a port scan if it do not receive
transaction?

Thank you very much,
Andy