Paul,

On Friday, March 7, 2003, at 02:56 PM, Paul Keogh wrote:

Funny thing is that I can't find what piece of Kannel is calling handle_transaction. I have a suspicion it's never called/used, may be it's an historic left-over?

handle_transaction() is a callback function passed to the Conn layer. It is referenced through a pointer which is why it's hard to find. Its definitely not a left-over.

You're right. It is actually referenced from write_request_thread, I missed that one.

In that case, the real solution is to remove to call to parse_url in send_request. In all cases, the call to parse_url is done in get_connection in write_request_thread. In both cases where send_request gets called, the code came from write_request_thread, and there parse_url gets called.

In Stipe's recent commit, the check on whether the parsing has been done in get_connection:

/* if the parsing has not yet been done, then do it now */
if (!trans->host && trans->port == 0) {
if (parse_url(trans->url, &trans->host, &trans->port, &trans->uri, &trans->ssl,
&trans->username, &trans->password) == -1)
goto error;
}

should not be needed (I think), as long as the 'trans' structure is kept around.

Anyway, thanks all, I can go back to work ;)