Stipe Tolj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bruno Rodrigues wrote:
>>
>> You need to "sleep" right after sending the message for it to work.
>> We can have configuration code in smsccon abstraction and only that
>> "usleep" inside smsc_* modules.
>
> why not having the whole throttling mechanism inside the abstracted
> layer?
>
> This would also help in AT2 module, because most GSM modems don't like
> be hit by 100 msg/sec. ;)

If I'm not mistaken, EMI has a list feed by SMSConn or something and
smsc_emi reads it and feeds it into smsc, so you can't sleep before
filling that list, you have to sleep right after sending the message (in
emi case, sleep AFTER receives ack) to take in consideration received
messages and  other particularities.

As I told, sleep is one line, just copy/paste it into every module in
the right place and move microsecond calculation and config file
processing to smscconn.