> now basically they complain that Kannel does not check the UAProf
> profile of a device and hence does not recognize that certain
> mime-types can or can't be accepted by the device.

But can the list of acceptable MIME types not be checked against the
Accept: MIME headers ? I don't see this as a UAProf activity. Is it
the case that not all supported MIME types are listed in the Accept:
headers and that the UAProf document holds the definitive list ?

> yes, I guess UAProf is not only about passing the information. It is
> also about dealing with it in terms of allowing to modify mime-types
> to fit the needs of the device. Or am I wrong here?

I think that what a gateway is supposed to do with UAProf information is
not specified in the WAP standards and is implementation dependent.

You could for example, ensure that any images sent back do not exceed that
specifications in the UAProf document but this again is an implementation
issue.