I should have asked for comments before, but I'm really work-free now
and I'd like to implement stuff as fast as I can, even if there's
momentary cvs versions with major bugs.

If you can, please test cvs versions as hardly as you can and report
everything you find to this list so I can see if I did something wrong
and be able to fix it right away.

These are the features I've implemented and after that, a list of stuff
I'm about to fix/implement unless you complain very hard ;)

I'd like to ear your comments and/or any reason against them. It's still
not too late to rollback anything.

(Here we go, by your request Stipe)

2003.07.07 - header packing implemented
I've implemented this feature to aggregate similar headers because some
devices I have sends so many headers that if we send one header per
value, I get "too many headers", if I aggregate them all in one header,
I get "header too long".
http_header_pack packs headers with 256 characters (defineable)

2003.07.13 - wbxml dynamic version byte and wap dynamic version byte
I'm looking at device header sent and I'm setting wbxml version acordly.
I'm looking at wml's externalid declaration and settings wbxml's wap
version acordly. This was required because SE-T610 looks at them and
would ignore some 1.3 tags if version was 1.1 - it won't respect
<form type="multipart/form-data" for example

2003.07.13 - added wap deconverters to decode
application/vnd.wap.multipart.form-data to multipart/form-data. working

2003.07.13 - preliminary support to decode mms binary into text.
deconverter is implemented, I'm just waiting for Stipe's commits for his
mms code.

2003.07.13 - preliminary suport for multipart/mixed to
application/vnd.wap.multipart.mixed, on hold until I fix some more
important stuff (and Stipe's mms encoder would also help me)

2003.07.13 - kannel now tries to adapt xml/xhtml content's charset to
the one supported by device. Kannel already adds other Accept-Charsets
to request headers, so this looks like a needed feature to me (needs to
be tested with other charsets beside utf8 and iso-8859-1)
Note: Panasonic GAD87 devices (at least in Portugal) became very broken
with this because they are really broken and announce that they only
support utf-8 but they really only support iso-8859-1 - accented chars
are totally mangled. I don't want to make exceptions in kannel and I've
already complained to Panasonic.

2003.07.13 - removed "Version=0" parameter when sending cookies to
external servers. This is not very explicit in specification but I
haven't ever seen a client sending this parameter

2003.07.14 - added http response 406 back to device if content type is
not supported by it. (today I've fixed the */* problem). This was
required for (at least) Nokia 7650

2003.07.18 - smsbox - mo-recode now tries to also recode to utf-8 if iso
fails. for external servers, it's easier to process utf8 than ucs2/utf16
(documented)

2003.07.19 - smsbox - dlr won't work at all if smsc-id is undefined -
dlr_add and dlr_find just returns if no smsc-id. smsc-id required for
dlr processing was documented

2003.07.20 - removed smsc_at, renamed at2 to at; moved emi to emi_x25,
removed internal emi_ip and renamed emi2 to emi, documented it

2003.07.20 - broken smsbox compatibility to enable mclass=0..3,
coding=0..2 and pid=0..255. This was already talked about and it's
required to be able to set pid=0 and to be consistent with specification
(it's dificult to explain to someone that for etsi's message class 0 you
need to set kannel's mclass to 1)

2003.07.20 - added hplmn and auth-code support, although not yet
implemented on smsc_emi (bug #54)

2003.07.20 - maintained parameter consistency and always use urlencoding
for udh and binary data in POST headers and in xml. I had several
complains because common sense will make you send url-encode in http
udh header and then you ask yourself why is it not working

2003.07.21 - made wap cookies enable per default. Please complain about
what is not working with them so I can fix it. So far, I know, and I'm
working thowards it, that we should try to send cookies to device
(bug 34), that cookies are not checked for domain, path and secure (bug
64), and that they might not work at all with connectionless wap.
I need cookie support and I'd rather activate it and fix it.

2003.07.23 - added new url-map groups (deprecating map-url directives)
to enable, for each url, an rewriten url, a query-string parameter to
send msisdn, an header to send msisdn, an msisdn format and if kannel
accepts cookies or not. This is required for Telcos to enable msisdn
sending and cookie support only to who they want to.

2003.07.23 - added proxy-authorization support to kannel. In wap
architecture, kannel IS the proxy, so those values are to be processed
by kannel and not by and external server (kannel was already removing
that header before requesting). with user-map groups, you can define an
user/pass to msisdn map to be used before requesting radius.
As we (and most of the people) don't have access to radius packets, this
is a simple and easy way to add device identification and enable kannel
to send msisdn headers, simulating other products. Too bad that some
devices (Nokia) doesn't have proxy auth parameters :((

Things in my to-do queue:
finish what's left to finish in previous list
finish whatever is marked as /* DAVI: .... */ in code
finish mms decoding/encoding as soon as Stipe commits his code
other stuff marked on bugs.kannel.org