Replying to Stipe Tolj:
> now, that opionion of "me" is not that clean to be honest. I do
> gentely recognize that other projects do have considerable ammount of
> quality in their aims, like curl of course. Which is a pro factor in
> adding it to Kannel.
>
> On the other side, actually having to much dependencies makes things
> harder. Not even on the software, logic compliance related side, also
> on the licensing side. (we saw this right away the past weeks with the
> new mysql license and the implications for Kannel).

Yeah, that's what I also had in mind. But remember: I _hate_ legal
stuff :)))

> Now, we have HTTP client code in there. Alex would say now: Ohh yes,
> we have, and I wonder how it works ;). Now, it does work, and we
> actually are not in demanding need to drop curl in there. But yes, it
> is an opion and having options is always good ;)

Ok, I will rework it as a compile option or maybe a config file
option.

> I'll try to review and test the patch... comments comming... stay
> tuned.

The main reason for which I taken this piece of code is some badness
in https implementation, according to my mood and schedule I decided
it will be more efficient to do a quick hack and put curl in. So, for
example, it will ignore http proxy options in .conf but will
anticipate http_proxy environment variable :)))

Also I am not sure how it will perform under very high loads. I tried
to simulate it with fakewap but had no success, now I will try to
simulate it on production site.

Btw, one of my colleagues from St.Petersburg hit by memory leak in
bearerbox (I will try to catch it tomorrow or the day after).

> BTW, seems that you are eager in pushing development here. How about
> getting your hands to really open items, like the WTLS stack ;) --
> which actually would need a SSL/TLS/crypto geek to do.

Yeah, if I stay with this project for some time I will of course work
on wtls. As you already understood :) I work in cellular provider for
now, so I'm interested in all features working properly.

--
Paul P 'Stingray' Komkoff Jr // http://stingr.net/key <- my pgp key
 This message represents the official view of the voices in my head