Basically most of the changes were made to ota_compiler.[ch].
Here, if the compiler detects the OMA provisioning ID in the XML document (see ora_compiler.c:423 in the file), it passes a
flag to each of the callees that tells them to expect OMA-style settings. I had to change some of the internal parsing tables to accommodate OMA-style settings, while still handling Nokia/Ericsson style ok (this I've checked and it works ok).

In addition, the OMA spec says you can have a PIN to authenticate the settings to the ME, and a pin/security type (userpin, netwpin, usernetwpin or userpinmac) and describes how to use this to generate a SHA1/HMAC hash to be added to the binary message. These changes are in ota_prov.c -- some functions have had their protos changes as a result.

Finally, smsbox is modified to allow the sendota interface to take type=oma-settings&pin=1111&sec=userpin (or similar) to specify OMA-style settings.

There is a slight bug I discovered in the patch I sent: One needs to make ota_compiler.c:421 read:
--
if (document->intSubset &&
document->intSubset->ExternalID &&

That is add the additional check that document->intSubset->ExternalID is not NULL before accessing it :) -- I can do another diff if you like.

One more thing: For the HMAC computation, libssl is required. On my platform (OSX Panther) autoconf detection of this seems a bit flaky.

As I said, you need a new Series 40 or 60 Nokia (6800 and above, 6600 and above), SonyEricsson P900 or some of the new Motorolla phones to test with. I have none of these! I had assumed all Series 60 support this, but nada.

Let me know if you need more info.

P.