Hi,

>     we have a problem when sending picture message to nokia 6100 using
> kannel and smpp connection it cause a full damage to the mobile it never
> start only flashing the software again to the mobile can solve it any one
> have faced this problem

Well, there are several reasons for this to happen. First of all, do you
use the right "Picture message" format? There might be also a
concatenation issue, because 72x28 pixels Nokia picture message does not
fit into 140 octets. The picture itself takes (72x28)/8 = 252 bytes + UDH
+ additional information.

Basicly you need to provide UDH=060504158A0000 and User Data should be as
follows:

        /*
                Nokia Smart Messages specification
                30              - Version ('0')
                00              - Type 00 (Message text ISO-8859-1-char)
                XXXX    - Item length (amount of characters in the message)
                ....    - Hex coded (ISO-8859-1 characters)
                02              - Type 02 (OTA-bitmap)
                XXXX    - Item length (256 bytes)
                ....    - OTA bitmap format, 72x28 bitmap

        */

You may also want to add concatenation headers, but if you have
concatenation = true and max-messages = 3 (at least) in the sendsms-user
group, then Kannel will do concatenation for you.

Once I was trying to send "variable size" picture message for my Ericsson
with wrong UDH and I ended with locked SMS Inbox, so had to clear
everything there :)

regards,
Dziugas Baltrunas