On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 02:47:13PM +0000, Josephine Forte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody here who's a kannel user from the phillipines? We are using kannel
> cvs20040621 version on Red Hat Linux 7.3. I used CIMD2  protocol to connect
> to SMART Telecom. I just need some help because we already set up kannel, MO
> and MT are ok, so is sendsms(PUSH) but I'm having problems with kannel
> receiving and sending out messages too slow. about 3-5 sms/sec. I already
> turned off delivery report request, but still, message sending/receiving rate
> is too slow and queue is getting bigger and bigger. Any advice?

We're also connected to Smart, and don't seem to experience the kind of
slowness you observe.  Our service peaked at some 200 messages per
second once, without breaking a sweat.  Our SMSC config looks something
like this:

group = smsc
smsc = cimd2
smsc-id = smart-outgoing
host = x.x.x.x
port = pppp
keepalive = 60e
smsc-username = xxxxxxxxx
smsc-password = *********
sender-prefix = ""

group = smsc
smsc = cimd2
smsc-id = smart-incoming
host = x.x.x.x
port = pppp
keepalive = 60
smsc-username = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
smsc-password = *********
sender-prefix = ""

Don't see much difference between your config and mine.  Perhaps your
bandwidth to Smart is not all it could be, or you have a firewall that's
rate limiting your connection?  Apparently, a misconfigured Cisco
firewall once totally blocked the SMSC connection of one of our client's
servers, perhaps the same thing could be happening to you.  3-5 messages
per second translates to roughly 16 kbps of bandwidth given the overhead
involved with the CIMD2 protocol, so if you have dangerously close to
that amount you can't really expect better performance than that.  Try
talking to the MVAS department; they should be able to tell you what
they see from their side of the connection.

--
dido
Sans les mathematiques on ne penetre point au fond de la philosophie.  Sans la