Hi Kalle,

great to have you back here again :))

(BTW, I'm a bit quite the last weeks since I'm on vacation, so please don't thing I left things alone ;)

Kalle Marjola wrote:
Hi, I'm back and a bit out-of-touch of the current situation of my
lovely child ;]
Anyway, I was wondering how to do following operations with current
Kannel, and came up with bad solutions and possible new features..
So, things needed:

1) SMSC (SMPP) connection that needs to be broken after one sent
   message, i.e. non-persistent operation.

Maybe this one (1) could be something else, I was thinking about general
'max-sends-before-reconnect' generic SMSC variable but before doing any
hacking, have to check out if there is already some ways to do it..

nop. There is no such thing already in use. BTW, I was thinking of what scenario you need this for. But I couldn't come up with an example. But I guess implementing this as a generic feature would be not that of a problem.

2) Aggregator use, i.e. message from one SMSC to another (with sender
   kept as original)

yep. This can be done is ome extend with the so called rerouting features, see CVS head user's guide and search for 'reroute'.

If I'm right, this could only be done with http/send-sms trick
(to keep the sender). Some better ways:
  a) keep-numbers  (or maybe use-original-numbers), as a sms-service
directive (this would still require that messages are routed to smsbox,
and then bearerbox routing to "replies")

b) some aggregation support directly in bearerbox (e.g. smsc-aggregate-to directive to smsc?)

yep, that's how the rerouting works. You can define reroutes inside smsc groups that either route via receiver numbers or via whole smsc-id links to other links.

But this wouldn't imply the ability to provide external aggregator access for customers wanting to MT messages. This would be possible with the SMPP server part. Either our smppbox or a patched (SMPP server) version of smsc_smpp_server.c.

I'll definetly try to get smppbox free'd from Wapme cage for the sake of all Kannel users. Also in order to get more improvements into it, even while it works quite stable and reliable up to now.

(warm greetings from sunny croatian dalmatian coast ;)

Stipe

mailto:stolj_{at}_wapme.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80