Hi,

As far as I can understand, Kannel's current implementation of outgoing
and incoming SMS queue is internal and implemented using the List
structure of gwlib.

This is not good, we can't safely restart processes this way because it
would lose any data in the queue.

I'm wondering if we could implement a MySQL and/or PostgreSQL based SMS
queue, providing a reliable storage to preserve data between sessions.
Just like the DLR code, we would need an abstraction over the real
backend doing the dirty job; to provide a unified interface to the
current queue code, I guess. Nothing trivial, but do you think it's
worth having this?

-HAND
--
Enver ALTIN                   |        http://skyblue.gen.tr/