On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 02:48, Alexander Malysh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> attached patch fixes daemonize mode (make sure stdin/stdout/sdterr are
> opened and do chdir("/")) and change user code (set supplementary group
> id's and don't destroy passwd struct).

+1 for all except that '/' -thing:
-----
     /* XXX chdir breaks restart of boxes when
        started w/o a full path to binary */
-    /* chdir("/"); */
+    chdir("/");
-----
Seems like there was reason not to do it. I do not say that
this isn't right thing to do, but then if parachute is used,
then Kannel should make sure that the path is full, not
relative - can it like test, in daemon mode, that it can find
itself before starting up?

> This patch should go into 1.4.0 stable.

Yes except notes above.

--
 &Kalle Marjola ::: Development ::: Helsinki ::: Enpocket